Auditions are by video submission
(read further details below).
We are thrilled to announce this year’s LaGrange Symphony Orchestra Auditions!
***Please share this information with your networks in the region***.
(Downloadable Flyer HERE)
3rd Clarinet/Bass Clarinet
All woodwind, brass and string instruments
***Auditions this year are being conducted by video submission***
- Please register for your audition by Monday, August 30th at this link: https://forms.gle/sy8wunnK9NhD4SEa7
- Required excerpts for all instruments are available on the LSO website, at the bottom of the page: https://www.lagrangesymphony.org/overview/musicians/
- Auditions must be played in one take with no edits or enhancements, except cuts at the beginning and end of the video as necessary.
- Please use the best video/audio possible (iPhone and similar devices should be fine) and make sure that most of your body and instrument is in the shot, with good lighting.
- Submit the video either by emailing it directly, or by emailing a link (Dropbox, Vimeo, YouTube etc.) to the LSO Personnel Manager at email@example.com. On YouTube/Vimeo please set the video to private and then send the link.
Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, September 1st; all candidates will be notified of audition results by Friday, September 3rd.
Please email the LSO Personnel Manager with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent (pre-COVID) performances have included:
Beethoven: Symphonies 1, 5 and 7 and Choral Fantasy
Bernstein: Symphonic Dances from West Side Story
Borodin: Symphony No. 2
Boulanger: D’un matin de printemps
Brahms: Symphony No. 3, Academic Festival Overture and St. Anthony Variations
Britten: Four Sea Interludes
Copland: Appalachian Spring and Lincoln Portrait
Elgar: Enigma Variations and Sea Pictures
Hanson: Symphony No. 2 Romantic
Holst: The Planets
Mahler: Symphony No. 1
Mozart: Requiem, Symphonies 25, 29 and 40
Price: Symphony No. 3
Prior: Concerto for Flute and Orchestra
Shostakovich: Festive Overture
Smetana: The Moldau
Stravinsky: Firebird Suite (1919)
Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 4, Romeo and Juliet, Nutcracker Suite No. 1 and Violin Concerto
Vivaldi: Four Seasons and Gloria in D major
Vaughan Williams: Five Variants of Dives and Lazarus
Walton: Spitfire Prelude and Fugue
Williams: Suite from Star Wars, Suite from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Suite from E.T, Suite from Jaws